Owls Top Perennial Math Competition
Two teams of Lower School Owls met in the Lower School Computer Lab May 6 for a quick Chick-fil-A and donut breakfast before tackling the online Perennial Math Competition. When the results were in, both teams had placed first in their divisions.
Mustafa Rehan and Joseph Zhao made up the seventh-grade squad while Carson Alexander, Will Brezina, Joshua Dong, Ike Emmert, and Abdullah Khawaja competed on behalf of the eighth grade.
- First place seventh-grade team
- First place eighth-grade team
- Second place seventh-grade individual – Zhao
- Third place seventh-grade individual – Rehan
- First place eighth-grade individual (tie) – Alexander and Brezina
- Second place eighth-grade individual (tie) – Dong
- Third place eighth-grade individual (tie) – Emmert and Khawaja
The online competition consisted of 54 teams of 312 competitors from third to eighth grade. The Owls competed in Zone 1, made up of teams from Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee.
Mathematics Department Co-chair Darin Clifft and Mathematics Instructor Heather Davis coached the Lower School students for the competition.