ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Leverage transformative teaching and learning practices that embody MUS’s mission and its rigorous place-based curriculum.
- Establish grade-level and departmental outcomes and competencies for student achievement.
- Broaden the curriculum to incorporate new practices in secondary education while preserving the school’s tradition of superb pedagogy and a longstanding commitment to its revered Honor Code.
- Optimize counseling and academic support resources and programs.
- Ensure that the MUS student experience fosters community and global citizenship.
- Develop a middle school mindset for the Lower School and determine the viability of adding a 6th grade.
- Implement a schedule revision that enables the re-envisioned academic model and encourages faculty innovation, faculty-student teamwork, and student interaction.
Performance Goal Statement: By 2026 MUS will be recognized as the premier college preparatory school for boys in the state as evidenced by student outcomes, college placement, diversified curriculum model, and experiential education.